MAX Charge Pumps (VCP) are hybrid batteries designed to be installed in parallel with 12V batteries to improve and solve most of the problems associated with high power audio systems and loads with high current surges, in the same manner as stiffening capacitors. And just like capacitors, VCPs are also designed to be continuously recharged by the connected battery to deliver the high current surges needed by high power audio systems. Yet the main advantage over capacitors is the VCPs -acting as batteries- larger capacities of 6ah-18ah enabling them to deliver and sustain much longer power surges compared to the equivalent capacitors’ capacity of less than 0.4ah/100f.
1. Maximize SPL levels and minimize vehicle light flickering: VCPs help maximize the sound pressure level (SPL) produced by audio systems and minimize light flickering by delivering massive current surges to meet the demands of vehicle electronics and audio systems.
2. Eliminate the need for large battery banks: By efficiently boosting and delivering high current surges, VCPs reduce the reliance on multiple batteries, saving space and cost.
3. Minimize system failures: Voltage drops can cause power amplifiers and subwoofers to underperform or fail. VCPs help mitigate this issue by ensuring that the voltage supplied to these components remains at an optimal level, preventing performance degradation and potential failures.
4. Increase the lifespan of vehicle batteries: VCPs play a protective role by preventing the batteries from experiencing deep discharges, thereby increasing their lifespan.
5. Support motors, hydraulics and inductive loads during startup: VCPs provide the necessary current surges needed by motors and other inductive loads for smooth startup and operation.
Overall, VMAX Charge Pump devices offer various benefits, including improved power delivery, protection for components, increased efficiency, and extended battery lifespan, making them valuable additions to systems that require high current surges and reliable power supply.
Utilizing state of the art and specially designed LTO cells, balancers and components, VMAX pumps are built to deliver unmatched performance and advantages including:
- Fast charging of up to 10 times rated capacity (10C).
- Accept high voltage inputs of up to 17.4V, making them safe to work with high output alternators.
- Deliver massive current surges exceeding 120 times rated capacity (120C).
- High energy density, small size, and light weight.
- 20,000+ cycle life design life, stable performance, maintenance-free.
- Safe and wide temperature range exceeding those of LFP batteries.
- No “memory effect”; eliminating the need to keep them always fully charged.
- Work well with most types of 12V batteries; AGM, Gel, Wet and other Lithium batteries.
- Use of a Lithium charger is recommended, though AGM chargers are also acceptable.
- Vehicle alternators with 14.5 ~ 17.4V outputs.
- Reconditioning and float charging are not recommended. Disconnect charger after full charge.
- Charging before first use is recommended.
- Read unit technical data and specifications at vmaxtanks.com before use.
- Use the right gauge cables and fuses to connect your VMAX Charge Pump (VCP) in parallel with the existing 12V battery or power source.
- Use adequate screws to securely mount and install your VCP.
- Connect main battery cables to VCP terminals. An inline fuse is recommended (VCP6:100A, VCP9:100-150A, VCP12:150A, and VCP18: 200-250A)
- After connecting and wiring your system, connect system/load cable ends to VCP terminals.
- Ensure all terminals are tight and secure- do not overtighten.
- Fuse -at VCP terminals- all power cables connecting VCP to system/load (VCP6:150-200A, VCP9:200-250A, VCP12:250-300A, and VCP18: 300A+)
- The use of fuses is mainly to protect the cables against any accidental short circuit after installation. Refer to website for recommended fuse ratings.
- Up to four VCPs can be connected in parallel for larger systems. Do not connect in series.
- Check and tighten all screws and connections regularly.
- Do not connect in series with any other battery.
- Do not connect more than 4 VCPs in parallel.
- Do not short circuit, revers polarity, open or tamper with.
- Do not use in an environment where temperatures exceed 120F.
- Do not mount inside an engine compartment, or close to high temperature devices.
- Unit must be returned to VMAX USA or your Authorized dealer for any repair or service issues.